Monday, February 6, 2012

Reese Olivia

I'm not much of a "read my entire baby story" kind of girl...but here's a bit of what our experience looked like. :)

I was induced again this time. We checked into the hospital on the evening of Tuesday, January 31st. And yes, I had an epidural. I wouldn't be surprised if they serve pitocin in hell.


On Wednesday, February 1st at 1:01pm, Reese Olivia arrived. 8 lbs 12 oz and 19 1/2 inches long. I still can't believe I had an 8 lb baby. I though for sure she was going to be smaller than Emery was (7 lbs 10 oz). I was wrong.


Of all the people there, I was excited for Emery to meet her sister the most. I wish I could say how excited Emery was, too...but she was way more concerned with consuming the graham crackers I had next to me.


I CANNOT BELIEVE WE HAVE TWO CHILDREN.




Emery was able to visit a few times. Each time she was distracted by other things.. like trying on that newborn hat.


We were in the hospital for 48 hours - almost to the minute! A much faster experience than our 5 days with Emery.




Learning how to survive on little sleep again. It's a whole lot different with two. But we are so blessed.







4 comments:

  1. omg omg omg!
    you have two children!!
    and they look so perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this. I love reading baby stories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing! I was hoping I'd get to hear a little bit. :) I seriously can't believe you have 2 children either! Congratulations on your growing family and next time maybe you'll have a 9 pounder! ;) They could just keep getting bigger- you make some healthy babies. :)

    ReplyDelete