Friday, November 18, 2011

Love Expanding.

Thirty weeks along.
Ten more to go.
Fastest pregnancy I've ever experienced. Hah.

Baby #2 tends to get the short end of the stick - I was told.
You take millions of photos of the first baby,
and you find yourself having a lot less interest in preparing the second time around.
(I'd like to think you just have a lot less ENERGY rather than interest -- hello, I have a 14 month old!)

So far, these people are dead on!
With Emery, I spent 9 months thinking about all things baby every.single.day.
Her nursery was complete, belly shots were taken each week starting at 13,
a [pricey] custom baby book for milestones was purchased,
maternity photos were taken, and I was swimming in pinks & purples
all before I was even 7 months along.

This time around? I have taken maybe three belly shots,
booked a scaled-down version of maternity photos for next month,
and that's about it.

I suppose I feel like I'm really slacking because we're already set in a lot of areas
- thanks be to having another little girl.
 Clothes [loads of them], blankets, rattles/toys, baby gear - all handed down from Emery.

I don't want to be one of those parents who let the little things go with a second baby
(even though it's clearly headed in that direction)
So for the next 10 weeks, but goal is to try a little harder.

We're excited for you, baby #2. I promise!!!

2 comments:

  1. Ashley--I ADORE the picture that is the banner of your blog. So cute and creative. I wish I were pregnant along with you again, but at this point I guess it's too late for that. :( Thinking of you and always wishing we lived closer together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness...I LOVE your header picture....how precious and perfect is that?

    30 weeks....these 10 weeks will go by FAST!

    ReplyDelete