Friday, October 14, 2011

Decorating for the Season.

This is my favorite time of year. Always has been. Granted, Florida doesn't contribute very much to the "autumn season".. but you have to make the most of it, right? We've been in our house for almost a year and a half. This is our second Thanksgiving/Christmas here. But last year, I was adjusting to a newborn and had no time [or energy] to even think about decorating a home. It was hard enough finding the time to eat. This year, however, my husband is in trouble.

My first project was our fireplace mantle. After thrift store shopping and loading up on coupons to Joann Fabrics and Michaels, I finally finished it. I got a lot of the ideas from my Pottery Barn catalog (could have dropped $300 on this little project if I had it my way) and tried my best to replicate it on a budget. From the pumpkins to the frame to the candles to the leaves...I spent under $50 for the whole thing. I am very pleased.


1 comment: